Detained Salvadoran wanted in Cuba

A Salvadoran man wanted by Cuba as a suspect in a series of bombings was arrested with a false passport at Caracas' airport, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said Friday.

Chavez said the suspect, Francisco Chavez Abarca, was detained upon arrival Thursday by Venezuelan intelligence agents and is accused of placing bombs in Havana in 1997.

He called the Salvadoran a "big terrorist" who is closely associated with Cuban militant Luis Posada Carriles, a former CIA operative wanted for allegedly plotting the 1976 bombing of a Cuban plane that killed 73 people.

"My heart tells me this gentleman came here to kill me. I have no doubt," the president said.

"I'm sure this man didn't come here for tourism. He came here to place bombs, to see how to hunt an objective that has a price: my head," Chavez said, adding that he is tightening his security.

To get regular beauty and fashion tips, check Fashion and Beauty Fete.